7 Habits of Highly Effective People by the late Stephen Covey was a pivotal book in my personal growth journey in my early 20’s. Today I was flipping through my old quote books and came across these favorites that I just had to share with you. They ring true to me today as they did all those years ago, and I hope they offer you some great inspiration and motivation for your own journey:
1. Our lives are the result of our choices. To blame and accuse other people, the environment, or other extrinsic factors is to choose to empower those things to control us.
2. What does it matter how much we do if what we are doing isn’t what matters most?
3. We may find it convenient to live with the illusion that circumstances or other people are responsible for the quality of our lives, but the reality is that we are responsible – RESPONSE ABLE – for our choices.
4. It takes humility to seek feedback, it takes wisdom to understand it, analyze it, and appropriately act on it.
5. It’s not a matter of when to do things, but whether or not to do them at all.
6. If you’re not sure why you still do some things that you know are harmful or self defeating, analyze it, process it, write it down. It builds awareness of your scripting. It helps you to make wise choices.
7. The only real mistake in life is the mistake not learned from.
8. Develop your imagination – you can use it to create in your mind what you hope to create in your life.
9. You have the power to look at your own involvement, to observe your own response, to change it.
10. The key is not to prioritize your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
11. Self awareness involves deep personal honesty. It comes from asking and answering hard questions
IF YOU LIKE THE IMAGE ON THIS POST, YOU CAN PURCHASE A COPY HERE
RECEIVE MY BEST INSPIRATION & TIPS BY EMAIL!
* indicates required